VmX is consolidating, streamlining and supercharging the management of commercial real estate investment portfolios for the biggest firms in the industry. Members of our team have managed billions of dollars of commercial real estate transactions, and we’re changing the way this $15 trillion industry does business.
What's the Opportunity Like?
Being a fintech business, engineering at VmX is critical to the success of our company.
Joining our team as a Senior Rails Engineer is a unique opportunity for an experienced problem solver and technologist to leave their mark by solving complex problems on a daily basis and creating new solutions in a complex domain. You'll be responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception and design to deployment, delivering high-quality and architecturally sound systems.
You'll be responsible for designing and implementing client-side and server-side architecture, as well API's and integrations that address our business needs. You'll also be involved in scaling, monitoring, and optimizing system performance. Your contributions will be continuously deployed and used by the world's largest real estate investors.
As part of a high-functioning team you'll have access to the engineering teams in all three of our offices (Bangkok, India and the US), and we're always available to help—internal skill-building is a core competency at VmX. Our company is growing fast and so will you.
What We Can Offer
- Above-market compensation. Up to 200,000 THB/month based on experience.
- Great location. Centrally located at All Seasons Place, Wireless Road. Minutes away from Phloen Chit BTS station.
- Parking provided. Drive to work if it's more convenient.
- Clear focus. We're building one product and we do it really well. If you're tired of building an endless series of client MVPs, this is a great opportunity to dive deep into a single codebase and truly take ownership of your craft.
- No overtime. We work 5 days a week. We're not an agency and we set our own (sustainable) deadlines.
- Flexibility. We don't have fixed office hours and encourage our team members to work whenever they feel the most productive.
- Remote work. We care about the work you do, not where you do it. Work from a place that helps you focus. Unlimited access to all JustCo locations.
- Unlimited vacation. Need time off? No problem. We don’t count vacation days. Work hard and take vacation when you need it.
- Cool hardware. New MacBook Pro and external monitors for your office desk setup. Extra budget for any peripherals you might need.
- Conferences. Support for when you speak or attend.
- Continuous learning. We support our engineers by reimbursing any conferences, courses, or books they purchase to improve their skills.
- Health insurance. Generous yearly private insurance budget to pick the plan you need.
- Drinks and snacks. Whatever you like, restocked weekly.
- Friday fun. Free team lunch and beer happy hour.
How Do I Apply?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.*
- Your CV or LinkedIn.
- Link to your Github profile.
- Explain why you think you're a great cultural fit. We're firm believers in hiring people who share our values and engineering philosophy.
- Tell us about your programming experience. Our platform is built with Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL and RSpec. It would be great if you have experience with this stack but even if you don't, explain what other technologies you've used and show us any examples of what you've built.
- Briefly describe your testing experience and style, including libraries used (e.g. system/unit specs).
- We're serious about maintainable code. What strategies have you used in the past to ensure your code is readable and maintainable?
- Tell us briefly about your last 1-2 jobs. What was the company, what was your role, what did you like or not like?
*These are the types of things we care about but consider this a list of optional parts of your application.
For more information about us and this position, please visit the full job listing on our engineering site.