Data Quality & Metadata Officer (Data Governance Team) - DATA X
DATA X is a new venture of the Siam Commercial Bank (SCB) holdings, a leading financial services and digital services holdings in Thailand and ASEAN.
As part of the transformation of SCB into a group of product and technology companies, under the SCB X brand, DATA X is the technology company to centralize data and provide AI and data science services and products to the group. We are currently operating within the bank with plan to spin-off in early 2022.
With a leading-edge cloud native data & AI platform, our vision is to support the group to providing everyone in our region with the opportunity to prosper.
We work on forward-thinking challenges of centralizing, analyzing and sharing information. We collaborate with companies and experts in many different domains, embrace diversity and all that while having a good laugh and joy in work.
About Team & Role
The Data Quality & Metadata Officer is involved in ensuring data quality standards are implemented and practiced across the enterprise. Through the Data Quality Index (DQI) and dashboard, the main role of the Data Quality Officer is to create data quality measurement, monitor and analyze data quality issues and identify solutions to enable a healthy data-oriented culture at an enterprise level via working with business Data Stewards, Data Engineers, and Technology teams.
This individual will be responsible for the development and management of enterprise-wide business metadata, serve as the single-point-of-contact for the business metadata related to the store location and its attributes and be responsible to ensure that the business metadata is standardized, integrated, current, and historical.
Support the Data Governance program to mature our data governance discipline through continuous improvement of
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to maintain data quality scoring and aggregated results repository
- Profile and analyze data to identify patterns of data quality issues with understanding of business definitions and system conditions
- Develop data quality rules & metrics using multiplex and structured queries in the SQL platform and generate results in a dashboard format
- Execute processes to monitor, measure and report the quality status with acceptable level of data quality
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Technology teams to implement effective automation process for monitoring and tracking of data quality metrics
- Support business engagement on data quality improvement initiatives
- Develop, maintain, and manage publication of business metadata
- Perform periodic review on business metadata to ensure adherence to metadata standards i.e. consistency, standardization
- Collaborate with all impacted functions to ensure metadata definitions are updated to reflect the changes to source data / database
- Facilitate resolution of business metadata definitions issues
- Identify metadata gaps and discrepancies (e.g. inconsistency in definition across applications)
- Responsible for communicating with data consumers on changes made to the data dictionary, maintaining version control documents to enable audit trail for changes, and ensuring defined metadata standards and definitions are adhered to by respective Function
- Experience in data management e.g. data governance program implementation, metadata development, and data quality program implementation in banking or other industry
- Experience in data analysis, data profiling, and communicating concepts and results to a variety of audiences
- Experience in using data visualization or reporting tools i.e. Business Intelligence tool, Data Quality tool, or statistical package
- Good knowledge of programming languages particularly in SQL and statistical knowledge
- Good understanding of banking products, respective data domains, as well as relationships with system domains and banking data concepts with emphasis on metadata definitions (business and technical)
- Ability to absorb information and data from multiple sources, apply strong analytical skills, and provide thoughtful and strategic recommendations to deliver tangible business value
- Ability to work on cross-functional units with excellent verbal & written communication skills
Interested candidates, please submit the resume to firstname.lastname@example.org