This position is for the Core Engineering team within the Service Engineering group. The Core Engineering team is responsible for providing supporting services driven by REST APIs, Web Applications, and automation tools. This enables infrastructure teams, delivery teams, or support teams to manage and deploy the configuration of these infrastructure services such as configuration management, hardware/software deployment, systems management, security, and access across Refinitiv data centers. That environment consists of tens of thousands of servers and other devices around the world
This position will partner with architecture teams, support teams, infrastructure teams, and delivery teams to act as a consultant to help gather requirements and design technical solutions. Then develop, implement, deploy, and support those services in case of any event of service interruption.
Candidate should have experience in software development including REST APIs, Web APIs and Web applications, being familiar with DevOps, good professional communication, presentation, and strong technical and organizational leadership.
Required Skills for all SRE/DevOps Positions:
- Configure and administrate systems using either Windows or Linux.
- Design scalable systems and services, connecting distributed systems together using a broad range of skills and tools.
- Apply an evidence based approach to solving service problems in real time to provide the fastest path to recovery.
Software Engineering Skills:
- Object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms and can create and follow coding practices and standards.
- Experience in an agile/lean development framework like Scrum.
- Automate software build and testing using tools like Jenkins that support test driven development.
- Design databases, and understand query optimization against them.
- Understand cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS or Azure and use their APIs and configuration tools.
Systems Engineering Skills:
- Write code to test systems, generate load, instrument, analyze, profile and discover system properties and attributes.
- Use configuration management (tools; puppet, chef or ansible) to expertly manage configuration at scale.
- Investigate system components discovering and removing performance bottlenecks and sources of unreliability.
- Apply the scientific method to system components to identify improvements to the configuration and design to improve reliability, performance and operability.
- Select, configure, analyze and tune [Network, Storage, Database, Web Applications, Application Containers, Message Queuing] systems.
How to apply? Please submit your CVs through https://jobs.refinitiv.com/ShowJob/Id/287347/Senior-Systems-Engineer/
For more information, please call 02 -648 8411 (Suparerk Rattanaporn)