- Thrive on tough challenges. When was the last time you failed?
- Seek out learning opportunities. What are you up to right now?
- Adapt to constant change. When were you last surprised?
- Have the mastery over at least one skill of your trade but you’re not defined by it. What can you teach us? Can you wear many hats?
If you answered yes to all, then this could be the start of something special.
We are looking for the head of our UX/UI Bangkok community with an entrepreneurial spirit to partner with us to advance our design offerings and implement business direction, strategic planning and market penetration. You will need to pose outstanding conceptual design skills, a strong understanding of information architecture and user-centred design principles.
You will have outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to manage client projects and also build and lead a high performing design team that consistently exceeds expectations. You should have experience in all phases of user experience design: discovery (competitive research, analytics, & interviews, etc), wireframe design, prototyping, user testing, interactive design & creative direction, QA & deployment. You will also work closely with project teams and business stakeholders and provide technical expertise that enables innovation.
- Demonstrate a masterful knowledge of UX tools, processes, and patterns
- Demonstrate a masterful understanding of Agile Design methodology, Lean UX, and Design Thinking
- Be able to present, explain, and take feedback on design work
- Be able to critique and evaluate other design work
- Conduct workshops and research sessions
- Can intelligently express ideas and different points of view
- Can act with emotional intelligence
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to mentor and train your colleagues and teammates
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Oversee the full spectrum of design and development challenges and partner with Project Managers, Software Engineers, Researchers and Content Strategists to oversee the user experience of a product from conception to launch.
- Active part of presales process, you qualify leads, write proposals and convince clients to engage with Palo IT
- Drive the strategic direction for products and client engagements, with a focus on helping clients achieve their business objectives.
- Drive user experience audits, reviews and heuristic evaluations.
- Visualize, design and conceptualize the user experience.
- Instruct, support and mentor the design team, empowering them to produce
- Facilitate Design Thinking workshops and lead Design Sprints.
- Clearly articulate design concepts and present strategy and solutions to C-level clients.
- Present concepts and UX solutions.
- Understand product definition and user interface design requirements.
- Lead sketching sessions. Strong understanding of design research methodologies.
- Create detailed wireframes along with defining interaction specifications and build prototypes.
Additional responsibilities of the Head of the Bangkok Design community:
Staffing and Career Development
- Responsible for staffing (internally and externally)
- Career progression of the people in his community.
- Conducts yearly reviews and receives promotion requests from consultants.
- Advising on trainings, areas to focus and improve on
- Providing unbiased feedback and personalised advices
- Recognizing the strengths and works on weaknesses
- Instruct, support and mentor the relevant team, empowering them to produce
- Identify and anticipate hiring of the right like-minded Palowans
- Responsible with HR on new design community members onboarding
- Arbitrating on staffing to have the best fit between consultants and mission.
- Collaborate, plan and support marketing for any relevant events.
- Makes sure consultants’ biographies are up to date here
- Active part of pre-sales process, qualifies leads, help on writing proposals and convince clients to engage with Palo IT
- Guardian of the practices of the design community in the company
- Drive the community roadmap, define KPIs, and follow up on the achievements based on company strategy
- Collaborate with other community heads locally and international to solidify practices and improve strategy
- Collaborate with internal head of communities to define way of work and cross community practices.
- Drive and consult in the Tech 4 Good projects
- Drive the BCorp initiative adoption within the design community
- Build Palo IT’s reputation within the Tech and Design community
Your technical environment
- Digital projects: web, tablet and mobile applications# Understanding of systems engineering concepts, ability to conduct cost/benefit analysis, Business case studies, translating and simplifying requirements, management and communication
- Transformation projects: DevOps, architecture, private/hybrid/external cloud
- Agile and Scrum methodologies
Your role as PALO IT Ambassador
You will be invited to take part in R&D works done within our Practices. You will have the chance to assist or be a speaker at must-attend international IT conferences. You will have the opportunity to write articles for our Blog or specialized press. Genuine ambassador of PALO IT, you will present our offers and take an active role in the development of the company. In addition, you will contribute to the social, environmental and purpose driven objectives and initiatives of PALO IT in order to positively impact our environment, customers, communities and ourselves as an organization and individual.
If you like what you just read, we’d love to have a chat with you!