With offices in Bangkok, Britain and Ireland, Firecreek is part of Arthur - a rapidly growing and well-funded business in the PropTech sector, offering a cloud-based software solution to a wide range of Property Managers.
Since our launch in 2015, we have had a fast-growing presence within the UK market and exciting plans for further global expansion as a result of our recent acquisition by Aareon, the leading provider of ERP software and digital solutions for the European property industry. We currently have over 1,300 B2B clients with over 100,000 rental units and £30m of rent processed monthly.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working with a top-notch technical stack. Someone who has the ability to maintain, secure and improve the best-in-class software and enjoys monitoring.
Someone who is able to work under pressure and have strong work habits who possess mid-level to senior career experience in the field of maintaining cloud infrastructure with great hands-on experience in databases,( knowledge of networking, server management, virtualization, operating systems, microservices, middleware and CI/CD a definite plus) in an online application environment. This role will involve rolling out new systems, maintaining, upgrading, replacing, automating, improving performance and securing the platform.
If you are this person, then we have an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level.
- Monitor database performance, control access permissions and privileges, capacity planning, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Analyze solutions and implement best practices for cloud databases and their components.
- Recommend query and schema changes to optimize the performance of database queries.
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata)
- Work on automation of database infrastructure and help engineering succeed by providing self-service tools.
- Build and enhance our tooling, automation, and CI/CD workflows that provide self-service capabilities to the team
- Implement proactive monitoring and alerting to detect issues before they impact users. Use a metrics-driven approach to identify issues, find out root cause performance and find out scalability bottlenecks in the system
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in designing, building, testing, and maintaining enterprise software applications
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration
- Have experience with AWS cloud-based environment
- Have experience with infrastructure automation and configuration management (Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Terraform, CodeBuild)
- Experience with web server, distributed system, load balancing (ELB), and system monitoring (ELK)
- Familiarity with the setup, configuration, and optimization of Nginx, ELB, ProxySQL, RDS MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB etc.
- Docker/Kubernetes knowledge is a strong plus
- Understanding of code and script in Python or Shell
- Have excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- With a relaxing office atmosphere, we believe in a work hard and play hard ethos with challenges to your skillset each day.
- Above Market Average Salaries
- Health & Life Insurance
- Social Security
- Annual Medical Check-Up
- On the Job Training and Up-skilling
- Start work before 10 A.M. (Flexible Hour)
- End of Month Entertainment
- Annual Leave 15 days
- Public holidays as announced by the Bank of Thailand
- No stress office atmosphere
- International environment
- Modern work practices with the freedom to be creative
- Little to no overtime, no weekend work
- A 2-minute walk from Saladaeng BTS, lots of food options!
Come and join our friendly and skilled team by sending in your resume to: