MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPER – Job offer
Terms of reference
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Fairagora Asia - Bangkok office1- Introduction
Fairagora Asia is a Bangkok-based consultancy firm supporting agricultural operators on certification process. The company has developed the Verifik8 platform, a web-based verification and certification suite aiming to improve social and environmental performances of agricultural operators. It provides an innovative approach to access to sustainable standards. The objective of the Verifik8 web platform is to promote efficiency, productivity and sustainability in the entire supply agricultural food chain.
Verifik8 provides real-time data collection at farm level, and data analysis to foster better farming management while doing a benchmarking against the most relevant sustainability standards.
Verifik8 is now being used by shrimp and sugarcane farmers; Fairagora is now in the process of extending the data coverage to other type of farms such as rice smallholder farms.
Verifik8 crosschecks farmers’ declarations with other sources of information provided by Fairagora Asia technical partners. These external data can be exchanged through API or obtained from Big Data (yet to come – for instance, from satellite images of the Copernicus Services). Crosschecking will also benefit from the blockchain authentication process of declared data.
The Verifik8 platform is a web-based application, developed based on Java Spring for the back-end and the Thyme Leaf framework for the front-end. User interface templates are based on bootstrap framework.
The system is connected to a MySQL database, with the hibernate ORM for data persistence.
Code is versioned in BitBucket.2- Supervisionand objectives
The mobile application developer will be responsible for the migration of the current android mobile application (coded in Quasar and Java) into React Native.
He will be under the supervision of the VerifiK8 Chief Technical Officer (CTO). He will receive technical support from the VerifiK8 Senior Java Developer (who developed initially the platform). He will liaise with the current VerifiK8 IT executive in charge of the development of the mobile application and with the current VerifiK8 technical partners in charge of parts of the development (Dashboard, API creation etc..).
The IT developer is based in Bangkok and has the Thai nationality.
Business requirements will be provided by the Fairagora team. Data Model design is under the responsibility of the CTO and Senior Java Developer. The technical implementation will be discussed and validated following a scalable approach in the design and the developments of new features (same component can be reused for the different domains). The developer is expected to provide valuable inputs in the discussion and validation process.
In his daily activities, the IT developer will have to organize his work according to the discussed workplan in the weekly meeting and expected deliverables with a good level of independence and personal initiative.
with Verifik8 CTO/Java Senior Developer on a daily basis for routine activity
with VerifiK8 CTO / Fairagora Asia CEO, on a weekly basis for reporting and planning during the weekly team meeting.
with the Fairagora team for business analysis on ad hoc basis (when requested).3- Main activities
The below activities are done in close collaboration both with the IT team supervised by the CTO and the certification team (Social standards and metrics) supervised by the CEO.
- Migration of the current mobile application:
o Use of existing code and adaptation in React Native
o Linkage between the mobile application and the web application data base through API
o Deploy the application in Google playstore (account already created)
- Improvement of the current web application:
o Improvement of the graph designs and dashboard
o Improvement of the data entry forms
- New developments
o Q&A section
o Integrate videos and quiz
o Counting of the points for each mobile application user and gaming wheel4- Qualifications:
· University degree in a field related to computer science or IT development & other related areas.
· Knowledge of Java, Spring, IntelliJ, NodeJS, JPA;
· Knowledge of technical environment: Maven, eclipse, bitbucket and git. Knowledge of Linux, network management and NGinx (reverse proxy);
· Knowledge of Quasar framework, Thyme Leaf and blockchain are an asset;
· Experience leading, developing, and managing data collection and processing systems (including data validation, comparison and crosschecking) is an asset;
Organizational / communication skills
· Curiosity, creativity, independence in work organization, personal initiative and strong interest to work in a team start-up environment;
· Strong interest in sustainable tech innovations;
· Interest in working in multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment (Government, NGO’s, Donors, Civil Society),
· Good English communication skills (oral and written);
· Excellent inter-personal skills, including the ability to adapt and develop strong relationships at all levels.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the type of tasks that are anticipated proactively from Fairagora management. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
5- Contact details