Working at Amity is an exciting opportunity to step up your career and work in a high-growth, global tech scale-up company. 🔥 We’re backed by leading VC firms with more than $30M funding raised to date. Since 2017, we’ve achieved over 200% YoY revenue growth and our team has grown from 40 employees to 200+ (with over 27 nationalities 🌏). With 4 offices in Bangkok, London, Milan, and Miami, we now serve industry leading companies such as TrueID, AirAsia, Unilever, and more.
Our flagship product, Amity Social Cloud, is a collection of SDKs that enables companies to easily integrate social and communication features into their app or digital channels. Built on top of this, we provide an employee communication platform, called Eko, aimed at allowing enterprise’s to reach all of their staff, no matter their size, location, industry or distribution of staff.
- Leading a small mobile development team who are designing for great user experiences and building a truly great application
- Being responsible for delivering releases of AmityEko app efficiently and on-time
- Solving challenging technical problems and meeting all business requirements for the applications
- Many conversations about the mobile industry, product focused products, and tech related news items
- Collaborating with diverse, international team
- Android Jetpack as a foundation of everything
- We use MVVM, MVVM and MVVM
- We highly believe that high-quality code isn’t overcomplicated. Human-readable code is a lot more important than unnecessarily luxurious one-liner
- Modularized development is our core philosophy, we love legos!
- We love ideation, brainstorming, but not fighting
- We do love new technologies, we love to try them but what most important is the suitability of those technologies with our development
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
- Guide the architecture of large features which impact all parts of the company, identifying issues and raising concerns/blockers for mitigation
- Design and build advanced Social Cloud SDK for the Android platform
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
Your ideal profile:
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles, SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs, Web-socket, and MQTT to connect Android SDK to back-end services
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, Activity and Fragment lifecycles, thread management
- Build high quality code by always writing tests and using performance evaluation tools like Android Profiler
- Experience with Android libraries such as Retrofit, RxJava, RoomDB, Junit, Mockito.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
What’s in it for you: