The Head of Software Development (HoSD) is a leadership role accountable for the successful delivery of software and IT support infrastructure for the Backyard. Managing a team of developers and IT specialists, the HoSD will work closely with the Executive Director, the Chief of Data (CDO), and other members of the Technical Management Team (TMT) in order to deliver the measurable outcomes of the product roadmap. The HoSD will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, framework and IT architecture vision and leadership and all aspects of the development of the products and services.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Develop and deliver a strategic technological vision and direction for the Backyard;
● Lead and manage the Software Development according to agreed product roadmap and related teams to deliver software, infrastructure and architecture that will be able to reuse in the future;
● Ensure delivery consistent with Agile processes across the team;
● Work effectively with Project Manager and Product Owners to ensure delivery against agreed priorities;
● Implement mechanisms to monitor, manage and provide progress on all software development activities;
● Accountable for the on time and to quality delivery of software development projects;
● Create, implement and maintain a continuous improvement plan for software development and IT Infrastructure;
● Identifying and implementing technology trends that will be able to support the future success of the business;
● Ensuring that the developed products will be able to meet with the requirements from several projects especially Bamrungrad’s project
● Collaborating with the appropriate functions and users to evaluate and identify technology platforms for delivering the company’s products and internal services;
● Understanding the use cases (and/or user stories) in order to oversee the design of the architecture for the products to be built;
● To drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the development teams;
● As necessary, participate in and co-ordinate the software development activities of Backyard in external consortia and expert groups in support of the company’s aims;
● Ensure effective internal communications both within the software development team and across the organisation.
● Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning and monitoring of the Software Development and IT teams;
● Provide monthly information to enable the creation of financial results and forecasts for the above teams.
● Ensure that the skills and experience of Software Development and IT teams are consistent with its scientific, technological and business needs for providing quality in present and future services;
● Encourage software and IT staff to participate in useful conferences and meetings to continuously grow in both personal and professional benefits
● Establish clear organisational structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all Software Development and IT staff in line with any anticipated growth;
● Provide support for all staff in keeping with the Backyard Values.
● Comply with all relevant policies and procedures
● Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures
● Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Software and IT teams and Backyard goals.
4 other openings