The IT Support role is to ensure proper computer operations so that end users can accomplish organizational tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostics and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give hands-on help at the desktop level.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support incoming help requests from end users via both telephone, email, ticketing system and work orders in a courteous manner.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
- Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to the final resolution.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
- Develop help sheets and knowledge base articles for end users.
- Perform related duties consistent with the scope and intent of the position.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware.
- Experience with desktop operating systems including Windows 8/10, Linux, and Mac OS X
- Extensive application support experience.
- Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Good understanding of the organization's goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of CMMI and ISO 27001.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Process Driven
- Group health insurance and life insurance
- Free lunch everyday
- Daily 15-minute Thai Massage
- Work from home 1 day per month
- Vacation leave 14 days per year
- Leaves for marriage, priesthood, bereavement and parental
aCommerce is the leading ecommerce enabler in Southeast Asia, delivering retail solutions for global brands such as L’Oreal, Samsung, and Unilever.Founded in May 2013, aCommerce has over 1,400 staff across offices and fulfillment centres in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.The company is committed to equal opportunities for all of employees and to a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at aCommerce are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, gender, sexuality, age, family or parental status, or any other status that may be protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
The aTeam is made up of highly ambitious individuals driven to innovate, build and succeed and is always looking for like-minded self-starters to join.