aCommerce is looking for a bright fresh graduate who passionate in technology to join our Product Development team here in aCommerce headquarter, Bangkok Thailand.
aCommerce Data Engineers work with the most modern cloud big-data systems to build a best-in-class data platform capable of managing cost, compute and storage while organizing content from the ecommerce domain.
As a member of the aCommerce data platform team, you will sit at the center of the information space and learn about a broad range of functions including marketing, merchandising and promotions, supply chain fulfillment and other end-to-end topics. Graduate Engineers will be given responsibility to acquire and model content under the mentorship of a more experienced engineer well before other companies will trust you with their valuable data. Additionally, team members will gain access to a broad range of data sources and learn how to harvest, curate and enrich this data while having a meaningful learning conversation with subject matter experts.
aCommerce technology teams execute like a startup while having the discipline to build a sustainable company and have great fun doing it!
The role and key responsibilities:
- Participate as a full member of a team of data engineers, testers and specialists to build a reliable pipeline of data from a variety of sources including sales, marketing and supply chain.
- Learn how to coach the variety of analysts utilizing this data on technical patterns for building additional value-add contents. This includes analysts in other aCommerce countries across Southeast Asia and filling roles such as business intelligence, data scientists, process engineers and marketing analysts.
- Participate in the exploration of new technologies in the data engineering space including Big Data systems, Business Analytics tools. This includes developing out tools and practices for data mining, pattern matching and similar engineering solutions to business problems.
- Work with System Engineering staff to implement systems within an AWS cloud environment that can execute the specified pipelines and analytics systems.
- Willingness to travel for short periods within the region.
Your skills, experiences and qualifications:
- Show a strong curiosity to learn and explore new areas
- Basic command of SQL strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of the Python programming language preferred
- English Communication skills (written and verbal) are encouraged as aCommerce works with employees across many countries in Southeast Asia
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL systems such as those found in a Hadoop ecosystem a plus
- Experience with Amazon Web Service data technologies a plus
- Ability to function as a valued member of a team that others can trust and depend upon
The starting date will be adapted to the fresh graduate's timeline. The sooner, the better!